Sunday, January 26, 2014

Small Town Bits Sunday - A snowy Owl

Good Sunday evening friends! This week has been a week, that is for sure! The more I read tonight, the more it seems this week was crazy for everyone. Here's to hoping the week ahead isn't quite as crazy!!!

At least one snowy owl has decided to "winter" nearby. This is not a usual thing. This beautiful creature has become heavily photographed. There is at least one that isn't far from us. There are some others not too far away, at Presque Isle. I have seen some amazing photos of the owls in both locations.
I recently bought this magazine based on the cover. I was hoping for a story. Inside there are a few more pics, but not the extensive story I was hoping for. Awesome pictures from Presque Isle though.


Small Town Guy and I went for a ride today to see if we could find the one nearby.
Our search turned out to be much easier than we had anticipated.
The pictures aren't anything over the top, but we got to see the beauty with our own eyes!



It was way cool to see such an awesome creature!

I hope you have a great week!
Take at least a few minutes and do something for yourself!

Hugs from my small town to wherever you are in the world!

hugs ~ Jen

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments!!
    Here is a link for a local story on these owls:
    http://wnep.com/2014/01/19/delaware-valley-raptor-center-snowy-owl/

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves a little love right? Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and letting me know what you liked or maybe even didn't like. It means the world to me you took the time to visit and comment!