Yep, I am down 20 pounds! I haven't lost them. I have worked them off. I hope to NOT find them again. Couch to 5k/interval training/just being active is part of what has been keeping me away. I wouldn't change it! Since the end of May I have logged 100 miles. Not too shabby for someone that had become a true couch potato.
Those miles have taught me a lot!!! I have learned things like:
1. I CAN!
2. It isn't going to kill me, or at least it hasn't yet.
3. The endorphin rush is awesome!
4. Walking/jogging is great therapy and when I don't do it for a few days I get CRANKY!
5. It feels awesome to be active again.
6. Counting calories isn't a bad thing.
7. Shoes make all the difference. (and btw, running shoes don't come cheap)
8. Some days it is about the run, and others it just about being out.
9. The former athlete in me is still just as competitive today as she was years ago. I am competing against no one but myself.
10. I am awesome! Say what you will about that one, but it is true. There are a lot of things I am not and I am no skinny minnie, but I have gotten myself out and about and have set a handful of goals and keep monitoring them and go one day at a time. I haven't given up this time. I am not doing it for anyone else, I am doing it for myself. I am generally out and about by myself, but that isn't a bad thing either. It gives me time to clear my head (or sometime fill it up). I also know that I may be running/walking alone, but there are many with me in spirit. I haven't given up on myself, but I also have the support of some great great people. That plus so much more, makes me awesome! We're all awesome, we just need to accept it.
There are so many things going on that the new blog is still waiting to take shape. Perhaps, this new laptop I am typing on will help. Perhaps cleaning my craft space earlier today will help. I don't know. I wish I could promise you regular posts and lots of creativity, but I can't. I will share both when I can.
A shot of the shoes that have carried me the better part of those 100 miles. This photo was taken over the weekend. Small Town Guy and I went to Cook Forest State Park. We climbed the old fire tower. I took this photo on our way back down.
I hope all is well with each of you! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs from my small town to wherever you may roam!