Saturday, April 4, 2015

Running, the first day of spring

The first day of spring has come and gone. The month of March has done the same. March and it's lions couldn't pack their bags fast enough as far as I am concerned.

The first day of spring seemed like a great day to plan for a longer (for me) run. The Bridge run is a 10k (6.2 miles) distance. Just shy of 3 miles had been the norm. Let's make the first day of spring a 4 mile day, I said to myself.

Then I looked outside. Below are pictures from my run. The same route I ran and shared here


What a difference a week can make.

This is the boat launch. Look close, you can see part of it is under water.
That is where I was standing when I took the shot of the ice and the shot of my foot.

The swans are almost always spotted. This one is looking dirty from winter.
Always cool to see.

A rare photo for you, one of me.
Winter wonderland...on the first day of spring.

It may be pretty to you, but it isn't pretty to me at this point.


In the other post I shared a photo looking at a feeder stream
This is the same stream, taken from the same bridge.
The water is much higher today.

4 miles wasn't in the cards. It was neat to listen to the snow crunch under my feet with each step, but I came home with only 2.5 miles.

Thanks for checking out my snowy first day of spring pics.

Hugs from my small town to wherever you may roam.

xoxo
Small Town Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves a little love right? Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment and letting me know what you liked or maybe even didn't like. It means the world to me you took the time to visit and comment!